Saturday, May 3, 2008

I Can Tell it is May!

The End of the school year is just a few short weeks away. This is always the time of year that gets so busy with last minute activities and ceremonies and I seem to work a lot for teachers who also have last minute activities and ceremonies. My house becomes more and more out of control and I start feeling restless and wanting to get everything in order. I just have to hang on until the summer break gets here. I can hardly stand it. This year seems to be particularly bad for me. Next week, Lindsey is leaving for Provo, Glen is going to follow her at the end of the week with her household goods. (She is flying in order to get there in time for job interviews.) Madalynn is leaving on Weds. Night for her trip to San Diego with her 6th grade class. Our backyard is like the ultimate white-trash yard now that the shed project is coming to an end. We now own 6 chickens. While I have enjoyed having almost all of my children at home, the bigger ones seem to take up a lot of space now and we are bursting at the seams. I need to do an extreme over haul of all of the bedrooms. Tyler has purchased a drum set which is in my living room. Aaron has sound stuff in there as well. It is all very difficult to clean around. Jacob has baseball 2-3 times per week. I am in charge of cub scouts and I am the camp director for the young women this year. Cub scout day camp is June 9,10 & 11. Girl's Camp is June 19-23. I haven't seen Alicia since Easter and I worry about her. I am glad that Glen is going up there to check in on her. But, all of this travel is costing us a lot of money and I really want to get the credit card paid off, but with summer here and that means I won't work for the duration, there won't be much extra money to do that.

I don't mean to complain. I know that I am so blessed. I think that I would be able to cope if I could just get my house in shape and organized. Something needs to feel orderly. Now, If I can just organize myself this summer to get a lot of work done, and have the energy that I need........
Pray for me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Debbie Downer called, she wants her negative attitude back. Just kidding mom, but hey, I think I left a shoe at home. Can you check in Madalynn's room for one of my black high heels. Thanks.