Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Things I learned in California.....

Lindsey and I drove to California this weekend. She is trying to make a move to Sacramento. She had a job interview there. So, we left on Saturday morning. I was to fly out on Sunday. We are letting Lindsey use the Durango for a little while until she can get settled and find a car of her own. Here is what I learned:

1. I have only been married for 28 years and not 29. I don't know when or how I lost count, but now I have to wait another year to go to Hawaii.

2. I am not very good at making plane reservations. When I went to print off my boarding pass for Sunday, I found out that I had made the reservation for Monday.

3. I don't enjoy traveling as much without Glen.

4. Kids are much more stressful to deal with when they are older than when they were young.

(I kind of already knew the last two, but they were re-emphasized this weekend.)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

jajaja...;-) I loved your "learnings"...I thought for sure you were married 28 years...since we were married in 80.. We'll be celebrating our 28th this year. So it confused me. Glad I'm not crazy and its only you. ;-)Its a brain thing. Mine gets frozen from time to time. Reminds me of when I went to the hospital to pre-register for Matt's birth and the registrar asked me how old I was. I said "24". Then I corrected myself and said..."no, I'm not, I'm 26, I don't know what happened to the last two years but the last time I thought about it I was 24!"

Love you
R

Unknown said...

I am not stressful.