Monday, February 18, 2008

Change


Why is change so difficult and frightening. Even the smallest thing can throw me for a loop sometimes.


I just got off of the phone with the cable company. I am getting rid of Qwest and going all Cox. I am bundling the cable TV, changing from DSL to cable computer, and getting the Cox telephone service. It should save us quite a bit of money and they are making all of the changes free of charge. I will have to pay for the cable modem. But, overall, there should be a big savings. Not just a few dollars, but close to $50! And still I feel apprehensive about the change and hope that everything turns out the way I hope.


I don't think this fear has anything to do with a voice of warning or anything, it is just my own fears popping up. I work really hard to try not to be a worryer, but I have not been able to conquer this horrible trait that I have always had. Even when I received a new cell phone when my two year contract allowed it, I felt badly about not using my old phone which still worked perfectly well.


I worry about my children and I have to battle not making them feel less confident because of my own insecurities. It is rediculous and I feel like all of my worrying is manifesting a lack of faith. I want to be full of faith. If I were full of faith, I wouldn't be so concerned over the small and trivial things of life. For Pete's sake, if the Cox thing doesn't work out, I can always change things again, right? Philip. 4:12 for Pete's sake!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You are a sweetheart. I can relate. ;-)

I believe Jesus knows how we are,our humaness. He doesn't want us to worry but He knows we do. Think of all the times the scriptures say, "Don't worry, don't be afraid, don't be troubled". He knew we would be, so He says, "don't". He is compassionate towards our frailties yet wants us to overcome them!

John 16:33

33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! (be of good cheer)I have overcome the world."

I love the phrase "let go, let God". It is hard to just rest in HIM but it is so amazing when we do.

Love you
Ruth

Unknown said...

Haha, I remember when you got your new phone and you were all upset and I asked you why you had gotten it then. You said, "well, you were getting one, so I thought I should too." What'll you do come November when once again we are eligible for a free one, and I will probably get a new one, cause that is how I roll?