Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I am getting too old to teach kindergarten!

Yesterday I taught kindergarten. It wasn't too bad of a day really. There were a couple of kids who could have done with one more year at home before starting school, but overall I thought it went well. Then at the end of the day, the principal came it to say that a parent had called and complained that I had left the kids out on the playground for a really long time in the afternoon. I was floored. In the afternoon, about an hour and a half after lunch, the kids were to go to music class. So, first we went to take a bathroom break. Then, after checking the time I saw that we had about 3 minutes left before our music time, so I lined the kids up and we played Simon Says for 3 minutes before going into class. They seemed to be having fun, and the child whose parent complained didn't have any problems at the time. What child complains that they got to be outside playing instead of in the classroom working? The other thing that baffles me is that this child arrived at school nearly 2 hours late that day because they hadn't woken up. I get the impression that this is not a one time event, but that it happens often.

I have found that there are some people who just look for things to complain about and for reasons to have drama in their lives. I wish that they would find some other way to fulfill this need than to stress me out. Now that this is off my chest, maybe I can continue with my life. Unfortuately, I have to teach this class again on Thurs. and Fri. Arghh! If only I could become independently wealthy...........

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go on a game show, just not "Don't Forget the Lyrics."

Ruth said...

man, i am so sick and tired of complainers myself. And i also HATE people who don't love other people.

Love you

P.S. Oh...and you aren't too old for Kindergartener's. Just their parents...you are a great teacher and young at heart.

Docface said...

mom, i think your going crazy..jk i still would love if if you brains fell out of your head {:-}
( that's a kissy face if you couldn't tell ;))