Saturday, December 22, 2007

Short Update

I am still trying to learn the ins and outs of blogging. I think that while Alicia and Linsdey are home they will have to teach me how to do certain things. For instance, I want to create links to my favorite bloggers, but I tried and failed for some reason. So, if you haven't heard from me yet, it is because I am still learning how to maneuver on this site.

Some of you have asked about my old blog. I didn't have one. You may be referring to Madalynn's blog. She used my email to make her own blog a few months ago. It is cute, but not me. We now have two blogs on this one email, so I hope we don't get them confused.

Glen called last night shortly before 8:00. He was in Provo safe and sound. He said to me, "We had to drive through about 3 heavy snowstorms." I asked him why he had spoken in the third person, was he referring to the truck and himself? He told me that he had picked up a hitchhiker in the middle of a storm. After reviving myself from fainting, I asked him what he was thinking. He said that he felt he couldn't leave him out in the snow. The man turned out to be a 35 year old man on his way to Salt Lake from Las Vegas. His truck had broken down and was being towed to a shop to be picked up later. He was still trying to get to Salt Lake. His wife had recently died and he had a little boy. The little boy was with grandma in Las Vegas. Glen told me that the guy had just come up to the freeway on the off ramp when Glen saw him. He was a pretty distraught and lost individual. Glen felt like the Lord wanted him to pick him up, and he taught him about the Plan of Salvation as they drove to Provo over a couple of hours. It is neat story. I am looking forward to hearing more about it when they all get home tonight. I can tell that Glen feels like this was a remarkable experience. I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow...that is a wonderful story. I will be praying for their safe return.

I also don't know how to make a link so when you figure it out let me know! ;-)

Love you

Ruth said...

I figured out how to link. We'll talk. ;-)

Docface said...

mom! you couldv'e asked me!

Chelsea said...

I'm so impressed that you have a blog. I am glad because I have tried to get my mom to start one and she thinks it's too hard.