Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day After Christmas

There is something very thrilling about going to your blog and finding that someone has posted a comment. Updating, however, can be difficult. I tried to update three times on Christmas Eve, but kept running into errors on the computer. I finally gave up.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. It was so nice at our house to have all of the kids home (except for Tyler of course) and we were able to spend the day playing new games, watching new movies and just being together. We were able to talk to Tyler on the phone on Christmas Eve. That was terrific. He thinks he will be home on March 7. That is only about 2 months away. So, given the fact that time flies by faster and faster, He will be here in no time.

Jacob received a basketball net and basketball for Christmas. Glen set it up for him on Christmas day. We had a lot of fun playing jungle basketball together with him. I will have to do it more often because my body finds it very benficial I think.

Today, the day after Christmas, never feels quite as good as the Christmas itself. There are messes to clean up. I am sick of the food, the sweets and the heaviness. (More basketball!) Yet, no one feels like doing anything. These are the days that I wish I was a genie. If I looked like Barbara Eden, that would be okay, too.

Lindsey took pictures of Chrismas morning for us. As soon as she sends them to me from her computer, I will post them. Until them, Happy Day After Christmas to all!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy Day after Christmas. Matt and Bob just left to go back to California so mom and I will take a nap! Its nice to imagine your Christmas and I am so happy that almost all were there with you, Tyler, is spirit. Give a hug to all. I hope to meet with you next week. And...yes I could tell you were Dogface and Maddy was Wilbur. What does Dogface mean??

Love
R

Ruth said...

I meant Tyler with you IN spirit. oops

Unknown said...

you should change it to momface,cause that is what I made your link

Docface said...

Glen says to tell you that he is the dogface because he used to be in the 3rd Division in the army. I am Docface. While I am mom, I am more.

Ruth said...

Oh...my gosh....I didn't mean to make you laugh really. I couldn't believe I typed "dog". I didn't mean it...really! hahaha...My fingers are numb...and they don't type the same as they used to! Sorry.