Monday, August 24, 2009

Quite the Summer

I have learned from this summer's events that I should never blog again about how peaceful my life is going. Right after I did that, things went haywire.

I told you about Sister Pratt's life and funeral and my visit to California. A couple of days after we returned home from that trip, we received the heartbreaking news that our friends, the Moores, had lost their 12 year old daughter, Addy, in a car accident on the way home from a family reunion. Another of their daughters, Lydia, was in intensive car. We had just been out to the summer movies with them two weeks before this time. Addy and Madalynn had talked about wanting to go and see the new Alice in Wonderland movie. She had been over and they had made smoothies for everyone together. I still have a difficult time thinking about Addy's cute smile and newly emerging young woman ways without getting choked up over it. But, at the same time I have been spiritually fed again as I have seen her family blessed and bouyed up during this difficult time. Her funeral was truly a celebration of her life and the plan of salvation. Lydia is healing nicely. I spent some time with her about two weeks ago and it is amazing to see this little girl's strength in the midst of this tragedy. Our friends have felt the Lord's hand in their lives and their faith is stronger than ever. It is amazing to see the blessings that come when we endure trials well.
The next news that happened is that our nephew Scott and his girl friend Krista had a baby girl named Madison. She was premature and weighed only about 2.5 lbs. at birth. She was tiney, but after two weeks was gaining about an ounce per day. But, she got an infection and her tiny body couldn't handle it and her time on earth ended. It was heartbreaking to see this young couple go through this with their first baby.
So, while my summer did not remain as peaceful as it started, I have learned and grown and committed myself to some self-improvement. I have had opportunities to serve and feel my love for my fellow man grow. I had to get all of the sad stuff into this blog. Later, I will blog about some more positive things.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm am so sorry to hear of all the loss that you have experienced. My heart goes out to your friends and your family...

I love you.
R

Two of my dear friends have lost husbands this year and one here in the UP is in vigil with hers.