Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ponderings

Since girl's camp, I've been pondering a message that I heard at our Sunday meeting there that really has stayed with me. Scott Smith talked about asking someone to do a certain difficult job for the church. The man responded that of course he would do it because he is a consecrated servant and will do whatever he is asked to do. That really touched me because I want to be able to say that I, too, am a consecrated servant and that the Lord can always count on me to do what I am asked to further his work here on the earth.

I have made certain promises to the Lord, and I try to keep them and I try to serve when I am asked to do so. But, here is the rub. I am really terrible about getting my visiting teaching done. How consecrated can I be if I don't even do that small task the way I should. I tell myself that I will do better, but I let other things get in the way. And, I mean other things that are not even important. I have four days left this month, so I will let you know if I can get it done. I have been given a new member as a companion, so I need to be a good example to her. I have been the RS president twice. I know how important it is to be a good visiting teacher. I really need to overcome this problem. I have no excuse for this shortcoming and it is so dumb to let this keep me from being the kind of servant that I should be.

On a lighter note, yesterday was Glen sister Ellen's 50th birthday party. It was a fun time. Ellen and Mallory flew over from Texas. I will add pix later. Mallory is a senior this year and hopes to go to BYU next year. So, Alicia, maybe you can live together! Anyway, you can spend time together atleast! She is a great girl. Just think, you can learn to say y'all correctly!

No comments: