Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Just an update

I spent today cooking healthy food. Tyler is planning to go into the Air Force to finish his education. He has to lose 2% of his body fat to be eligible. I am trying to cut down my cholesterol and lose weight. So, today I steamed asparagus, steamed vegetables for Glens lunches to work, made fresh salsa, made cabbage salad and finally baked low sugar oatmeal/apple cookies. (lots of fiber is the key!) It is satisfying to get all of that done. Unfortunately, it won't last long around here. Groceries have gone up and so has the amount we consume with everyone home. But, I love the Fry's ad this week, I should save a bunch when I match everything up with my coupons!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You are a great cook...we could share some recipes...simple things that are good for you!

Love,
R

Docface said...

I would love that!