Thursday, March 12, 2009

Counting my Blessings


When I go back to work for some of these long term jobs I do, it is very easy to get down on so many things because the people we work for aren't perfect and the political climate is so imperfect. The way the State is cutting the budget for education is so frustrating. It is vexing and really easy to forget my blessings, so I am going to list a few. Maybe it will cheer me and others up!


  • I am currently working with some fantastic teachers who are so much fun and I learn so much from!

  • We had a little potluck today. It was delicious!

  • I am getting paid for what I do, even though not particularly well, but, I feel blessed to have what I have.

  • Tomorrow is the last day of school before Spring Break! Notice how I capitalized Spring Break. That is because it is one of the most wonderful times of the year.

  • My husband has been priming my house so that we can paint it over the break.

  • I really love my family.

  • My husband has a good job.

  • My children are all employed and in school. (Lindsey will be in school soon. LAW school!)

  • Jennifer scared Kerri today so well and got Barbara as well. That was a bonus!

  • Tomorrow is field day, a pizza party and that is about it for a change, so it should be a wild and crazy day!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Ahhh...I'd have to count you as a blessing too! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful spring break! <3

Anonymous said...

It was even more fun when you tried to scare Kerri and jumped out too soon. We loved having you on our team.

Unknown said...

Mom, you never comment on my blog anymore.