Sunday, September 28, 2008

A couple of new thoughts.....

You may be getting tired of reading my political posts, but my mind has really latched onto the issues lately and my rantings have actually become very helpful to me as I sort through the issues. So here are a couple of things I've noticed that I want to make observations on:

1. I have noticed that people with liberal points of view always label people who disagree with them as "haters". For example, if I believe that homosexuality is a moral choice and I disagree with that life style, I am labeled as a homophobe and my disagreement is "hate talk". (See what is going on in CA as reference.) I take exception to that line of reason. I do not hate people who choose to live a gay life style. I know some people who have chosen this, people who I count as my friends, and I love them. They are good, loving people. But, I do not agree with their lifestyle choice. This does not make me hate them. My favorite color is blue. Some people hate blue. This does not make me hate them. I do not like government programs trying to run my life and take over my choices. This does not mean I hate poor, uneducated people. This way of thinking does not make sense. It makes me wonder if in reality, those that are labeling me are the real haters.
Whenever I hear a politician speak about entitlements and what the government should give to the American people, I think of Star Wars when Anakin Skywalker, (I don't know how to spell Anakin), said that he should be in charge to make the world be safe for everyone. That makes me think of Lucifer who wanted to make us all do things his way so that we would be guarenteed to return to Heavenly Father and he would be sure to receive the glory.

2. As I have been reading and studying lately, and listening to the debate, I have come to realize very powerfully that now is the time that we must stand for truth and righteousness. We must learn and vote and speak our mind so that reasonable people will be heard and pray for our country and its leaders to be more righteous. I do not want to offend, but mostly I do not want to offend God. So, when voices in the world cry for change, what kind of change do they cry for? Change from truth? Change from freedom? We need to be very careful about the rhetoric.

No comments: